Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Blizzard Blog

Blizzard of 2015 - Questionable. Regardless it was enough snow for a snow day so I am not complaining. Figured it was a good time to catch up since its been a while.



One of the biggest changes that has taken place this year has been my new insulin pump. After YEARS of going back and forth I finally made the switch. I think I was expecting a miracle change over night to have perfect blood sugars, but that has still not been the case. Very frustrating and being I have my favorite doc endo appointment approaching next month, I am still a little hesitant.


On a positive note, I have seen working out a little bit easier. I am able to have more control on a moments notice on how much insulin I take which allows for more flexibility with workouts and less planning.

I'll take it! 

The biggest push probably came from Miss Idaho. Hopefully T1D becomes more understood and people won't be shocked or clueless if they see a person wearing a medical device. It should be nothing to be ashamed of. Just like some people take oral medication - people wear insulin pumps. Big deal! 



It is always nice having people who just "get" what you are going through. Thanks to Facebook, I had the opportunity to make a new blogger/t1d friend Erin. We chatted a little about tips, struggles and just the highs and lows that come with T1D. It's been especially helpful to have a female to talk to about wearing an insulin pump and different tricks on where to wear it. (Thank you Erin!)

On to fitness:

I started training again with a trainer I worked with way back when I was about 17. I remember when I first trained with Dave I couldn't even do a squat... I have come so far! His workouts still beat me up. It is a love/hate relationship. I'd go into details about the workouts, but that may scare you... and I like to try and keep things positive on here :)

Just a few other things that made me laugh recently: 




Reservations - Done! 

Just a quick post for the day. Stay tuned to hear about my snow day festivities including eats and workouts!

2 comments:

  1. ❤️������ I'm so happy we found each other on facebook. Having someone who understands makes everything so much easier ❤️ Erin

    ReplyDelete