Wednesday, January 28, 2015

WIAAWW



"What I Ate AND Worked Out Wednesday" - My own spin off of "What I Ate Wednesday."


I can't remember the last time I did a food/workout post all in one. Since my schedule was slightly altered the past few days due to the blizzard I figured I'd share. Snow is not an excuse to not workout! Plus I am on snow day #2... so I have some time. :)

My food prep began Sunday when I went all around town like a mad woman trying to stock up on bread & milk ThinkThin Protein Bars. It always seems that when I run low on a particular flavor none of the stores have them. I was on the hunt for Chocolate Brownie Crunch since I knew I was probably going to have a lot of hot coffee.

Chocolate Brownie Crunch + Hot Coffee
Creamy Peanut Butter + Iced Coffee

Luckily CVS came to the rescue.


I had all of these visions of making gluten free chocolate chip cookies and pancakes while sipping on hot coco. Honestly too much work. LOL

Instead, my snow day breakfast consisted of an Udi's gluten free blueberry muffin and a cup of coffee.


Thoughts? Being honest - not impressed. I probably should have had my protein bar or toast with PB. It would have kept me fuller and not brought my blood sugar up to 250.

Oh well - you live and you learn, right?

Worst part about my snow day = not being able to go to Starbucks. I am very proud of myself. I remained calm and did not tear down the house. Instead I saved my cup from the day before and used a kcup instead.



At home workouts are very difficult to get started. Different environment than the gym, but when done right they can kick your butt! Monday afternoon my plan was to hit the gym straight from work, but since it was snowing pretty hard around 2:15 I decided to play it safe and go straight home stop at Starbucks first (made it just in time before they closed at 3!) and then go home.

I broke out my old faithful Lauren Conrad circuit, added some ab work and stretching and had myself a sweat filled den workout all in 45 minutes.


Tuesday I was in the mood for some cardio and dusted off my Zumba DVD's. I forgot how much fun these were! Drenched in 10 minutes - mission accomplished.

Strength training portion was shoveling the walk way. Squeeze your abs, squat down in your legs and throw that snow with your arm strength. Solid 30 minutes.



Snow Day 2 is back to normal. Gym this morning and Starbucks/Bar Time. 

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment