Saturday, February 14, 2015

Ride For A Cure

"Happy" Valentine's Day. I figured I would fill you in on something that I really loved from this past week.

Last Sunday I attended Ride for a Cure - a fitness fundraising event for JDRF. Intelligent Fitness hosted a bunch of classes that morning to choose from. Either TRX Training or Spin. I made it to the 8:30 & 9:30 spin classes. Wish I could have stayed for the 10:30, but I had things to do and nails to get manicured! :)


Not going to lie- felt pretty good to spin for 2 hours. People without T1D don't realize the planning and prep it takes for anything we do. I was worried I wasn't going to make it, but luckily I got a great workout without any lows. 

It was my first time at this gym, but it will not be my last. I had so much fun spinning. There was great music, motivating instructors and a great spin studio. Not only was it something I love doing, but for a cause so important to me! With the help of my CGM and newest addition - insulin pump, I was able to ride strong and adjust accordingly. 

Looking forward to taking more classes there this week during my February break!


(Need to burn off those chocolate calories!!)

Wishing I was somewhere warm this week - getting pretty tired of this cold!! On the bright side, being off means more blogging. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment