Sunday, July 16, 2017

Happy National Ice Cream Day!

In case you didn't know, today is National Ice Cream Day. I don't know about you, but on this 80 something degree summer day I definitely plan on celebrating!



💞🍦😍👍🏻💃🏻 (thanks to Anthony for this candid shot from our trip to Newport, RI this past spring) 

Unfortunately I won't be celebrating with my favorite ice cream from Kilwins (pictured above). However, the best part is, my celebration will be at most 120 calories and that will bring a smile to my face just as big as the one above (okay maybe not quite as big 😬). 

120 calories of ice cream? What am I having, 2 spoonfuls?    
🤔 Haha no way! 

Meet my new favorite summer treat that's almost like having ice cream, my Yasso Frozen Yogurt Pops! 



Okay, so maybe I'm not technically having ice cream, but it tastes just as great and a lot nicer on the nutrition label. Sea salt caramel is just one of the many flavors, but so far it has been my favorite. Other flavors include vanilla, strawberry, peanut butter cup and more that I am forgetting. 

I also like them a lot because it is a pretty substantial serving and easy on the blood sugar. 😉 

What could be better? 

Actual ice cream 🍦! 

If your not a fro-yo fan and want the real deal, then I suggest checking out what skinny cow has to offer. 



Tasting just like ice cream minus the calories, these have also become a new summer favorite of mine. Skinny cow even makes a fro-yo pop and flying saucers. 

I'm waiting for the flying saucers to be made gluten free, so until then I'll stick to my new finds. 😎 

In other food news, my best friend and twin Tanya was in town with her husband JT! We had a nice "cookout" (the southern BBQ) and did a lot of catching up. 



And in other cooking news, I've really been adventurous these past few days! Check out my bacon wrapped dates I recreated...



More on those another day. It's time for some ☀️☀️☀️☀️😎😎😎 

No comments:

Post a Comment