Friday, July 21, 2017

Fitness Friday - Kym Gym

Anyone try those yasso bars yet? Anyone who knows me knows that I am all about the food and when it's time to eat, but I'm also all about that fitness. 💪🏻





 So I figured it's time to share my favorite at home HIIT workout for when I'm crunched on time but still want to sweat. Plus with Aruba in less than a month, I'm really trying to step up my game. 


This has been my go to especially on the days I workout before work. 35 minutes may not sound like a lot, but any bit of sweat is worthy!

Coined "Kym Gym" by Anthony - I am able to do this in the comfort of my den with Anthony's help sliding the coffee table to the side of the room. 

Equipment needed:

Jump Rope
3lb dumbells 
Yourself

The workout: 

Warmup: 1 minute of the following exercises 

- running in place
- cross jacks (jumping jacks with crossing the arms in front instead of above the head) 
- butt kicks 
- karaoke across the room 
- standing oblique crunches with knee raise (YouTube it 😬) 

Jump rope 20 seconds

Rest 30-60 seconds 

Complete each of the following exercises for 45 seconds each. 

- burpees 😄💃🏻 



- squats with over head arm press (holding dumbells)



- jack presses (jumping jacks with dumbells in hands pressing up) 
- push-ups on knees 
- lunge jumps (20 seconds right leg lead - 20 seconds left leg lead) holding dumbells
- air punches with dumbells 
- squat jumps with dumbells

Jump rope for 20 seconds. 
Rest 1 minute 

Repeat circuit for however many rounds you have time for. I usually do 2 rounds and then abs and stretch for cool down. Of course everything can be modified - no weights, shorter blocks, etc. 

Now, I really don't like working out at home. It's a lot harder to get going and even worse thinking of the alarm going off at 4:45am to do this. 😳  I just think of how good I feel after. It actually goes pretty quickly. Plus the smell of coffee brewing from the kitchen helps. ☕️ 



Put on a good playlist and I am enjoying breakfast before I know it. 



You can really make this workout as short or long as you want based on the number of rounds and how long you make the blocks. So there are no excuses😄. Cutting out the travel time to the gym can still get you a great workout. 💪🏻


No comments:

Post a Comment