Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Veterans Day

After a crazy week last week which in addition to being sick unfortunately included a death in the family things seemed to get back to schedule yesterday which was Veteran's Day.



It was my second day back to the gym after taking 3 days off. It felt extremely nice waking up at 7:15 as opposed to 5am. It was a strong workout and I am feeling it today... love the burn!

I headed out to school early to attend the Veteran's Day celebration my school has every year. Yes I went because it counted as an extra credit opportunity for one of my classes, but I really do enjoy it. It is very humbling to see all of the Vets that are involved in the SJC community.

I didn't stick around for the refreshments afterward because I wanted to grab coffee before heading to class for the afternoon to have with my bar. (Yes I settled for the cafeteria coffee and not Starbucks). Apparently I missed out because look what my friends Jolene and Kara picked up for me!



Hooray SJC! :) I took the salad home and had it with dinner and it was very good.



I also thought a lot about my grandfather who was a WWII vet. Boy do I miss him!



It was a nice transition into the week and overall good for a Monday. Now just trying to get those blood sugars back on track. Ugh going through a rough week. Not fun, but trying to deal... oh well!

Before I sign off, just wanted to give a special shout out to my cousins Mimi, Linda and Bobby... <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment