Sunday, November 24, 2013

Thanksgiving Round 1

One of my favorite days of the year have come and gone. Thanksgiving round 1! Overall it went well, except for a few blood sugar issues. :( Just a typical day for a T1D. 

I made sure to get to the gym early for an exceptionally good workout. Spin class followed by 20 mins on the treadmill, some abs and plyometric moves to give my heart rate one last spike. I'd say it was pretty successful. 


Off to Bare Naked Bakery to pick up some last minute goodies. The block and a half walk to the bakery from my parking spot did me some good! 

 
At 3 everyone started to arrive! So many appetizers. Yikes! 


Bummer for me was my blood began to drop just as these went out. So I overdid it a little and then was high by dinner. 
In the past I have had an issue with covering too much for all of the goods then dropping very quickly right after dinner. This would cause me to just eat and eat because of my fear of going too low. Then hours later... BAM hello 300 and something. 



Lets just say A LOT of testing was done yesterday. I have to get through my head that this does not happen everyday so I should not beat myself up about it. I was glad I was able to wake up at a reasonable number (172) considering all of the goodies. I was able to have another great workout. I even got through the spin class I covered today which I was nervous of taking on because I was foreshadowing and preparing for any "issues."  

Check out some more pics from last night...




It even began snowing! I am so excited I love this time of the year. :) 

Anyway it is back to my unit for methods. Almost there... So tedious! 
Hope you are keeping warm. A week ago we were in what felt like spring, and now we are in the dead of winter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment