Friday, July 11, 2014

Katy Perry Post






Wednesday was the Katy Perry concert at MSG. She was incredible! It was so great that even my blood sugar rose to the occasion and came to watch. Uninvited of course, but when is it ever invited? 

My friend Melissa came with me and beforehand we grabbed dinner at one of the restaurants in Penn Station. We both went with the fajitas! Melissa - steak and me - chicken. Instead of flour tortillas we used lettuce wraps instead... bye bye gluten and calories!

By the time we made our way upstairs to our seats I got this....



Even though I had no carbs at dinner and took insulin most things with T1D don't make sense. All I could do was take more insulin and try to relax. Easier said then done. It is very frustrating when you try so hard to do things right, but you feel like your efforts do not matter. Even more annoying is sitting and worrying that something will happen because your blood sugar is so high and all you want to do is enjoy the concert.


Anyway enough Debbie downer. Here are some pictures from the concert. We had great seats and were up doing a lot of singing and dancing!


We had to resort to taking our own picture because the woman sitting next to us was of no help. 


Opening to Roar! 





How cool would it be to fly around MSG? 

I was out way past my bedtime but it was totally worth it. We made the 11:42 train home and luckily Starbucks was still open so I was able to enjoy an extra bar time on the way home. 

Getting home around 1:30 am to this 


A great number, but too low for going to sleep. So I had a plumb and finally got to bed around 2am. 

Really hate going through this cycle ...


But it's just the reality :( 


No comments:

Post a Comment