Saturday, July 12, 2014

Saturday Morning Jumped Out Of Bed...




And put on my best workout clothes to go hiking. Fellow spin instructor and friend Erin invited me to go over to the trails in Kings Park to workout which was a nice change of pace from the gym. We lucked out and had a beautiful morning!


Erin was nice enough to drive. It was really great switching up my workout and I am definitely feeling it now! As always before any new type of workout I get concerned about blood sugar issues, but I had a perfect morning.. yay! After my usual "safety" go to breakfast I started working out at 150 and ready to go.

After some stretching...



We hit the trails.

I instantly felt the difference running on a trail as opposed to flat concrete. Leg burn immediately! 


Even though the trails were shady we were still nice and sweaty when we made it to the boardwalk for the HIIT part of our workout. Sprints, exercise, light jog, repeat. The exercise alternated between pushups, mountain climbers, side planks and burpees.



Burpees... love to hate them, but in reality we really love them. :)


My new motto for HIIT is short, sweet, and sweaty.

Blood sugar check: 184


The remainder of our workout consisted of jogging/walking along the beach back to our starting point.

I really liked this challenge! Lately I have been feeling in sort of a "workout rut" and this definitely broke me out of that.

Came home to this: 


Yay! Thanks Erin for a great workout... next time we tackle those hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment