Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sweet Saturday

Hey! Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Yesterday was a great Saturday...I actually took the day off from the gym in order to give myself enough time to prep for my brothers graduation ceremony from Dowling College. I have been trying to get better at blowing out my own hair. I have no idea how the salon does it so well. With my thick hair that was like a workout in itself, but I think I am getting better at it. Eventually I hope to be able to get it to look like this...


(isn't she just perfect?)
Well anyway, I headed to the ceremony with my wannabe Kate Middleton hair.
Luckily the weather held out for the duration of the ceremony. Literally right as we got into the car for the trip home it began raining. I am so proud of my brother who received his MBA diploma!!



The ceremony was short, sweet and to the point. Good thing we had lunch before we left because as we got out around 3:30 I was STARVING. As future posts will explain, I am a very regimented person. Usually about this time I have my afternoon snack which consists of my iced coffee from Starbucks and my favorite protein bar (this will probably get it's own post eventually). So as it gets further and further past 3:30 I begin to get antsy, just ask anyone in my family.



So snack time, or "bar time" as I refer to it happened a little late around 4:15 (but it was worth it of course...maybe lol) :)

In the evening a group of us went out to celebrate at the restaurant I work at! (Oh yes forgot to mention I hostess at an THE BEST Italian restaurant, HI JOHN!!).
Photo
(Yes, I needed an outfit change!)


Boy was I STUFFED. I still have not grasped that whole concept of "giving your body a chance to figure out when you are full." So that belt on my dress needed to be loosened. Saturday nights are my cheat nights so I let it slide. ANDDD I did pass on dessert so I was proud of myself :)

Towards the end of the day the blood sugar was a little crazy, but that's what happens. I did wake up at 129 this morning (winning) so it seems to be back on track for today...so far. (I'll make a post with more detailed info about blood sugars)

Enjoy the weekend I will talk to you all soon!
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7718545/?claim=4s4qqbs6hfx">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment