Wednesday, May 22, 2013

WIAW - Taco Tuesday!

Being a new blogger I figured I'd try my first "What I Ate Wednesday" post (WIAW). I love seeing what everyone else eats, especially my friend Ashley since we can share our gluten free favorites!

The day started with my usual pre gym breakfast: Egg white veggie omelet with 1 piece of gluten free Paleo toast (boring I know, but it works). I love this bread because it is low carb and low calorie! This is the coconut flavor, 6g of carbs and 40 calories per slice. Perfect jump start to the day as I don't like to feel too full when I go to work out.
 
I topped my eggs with some salsa.....
 
 
And the toast with cinnamon. Cinnamon helps to stabilize blood sugars. (Sometimes I find this to be true, other times not so much.)
 
 
(McCormick's, the taste I trust)
 
And Breakfast would not have been complete without my Starbucks. Hooray for Kcups, but nothing compares to the actual Starbucks experience. 
 
 
 

 
The whole cinnamon theory seemed to work because after my 4.3 mile run (Yeahh!!!) this is what I got...
 
 
 
(Yay!)
 
I can't believe I am about to do this, but my first "post work out victory blood sugar blogger shot"
 
 

My favorite post gym fuel is an apple with peanut butter. Oh how I love peanut butter. <3 I stick to the reliable Skippy. I tried the almond butter, but it didn't tickle my fancy. Also all of those other organic pb's I don't understand because when I compare the two they are about the same.  

 
The afternoon was filled with stocking up on groceries. Mom and I hit Costco and King Kullen. Needed to stock up on, yes you guessed it ...
 
(49 Protein Bars purchased)
 
It is always hard passing the Entenmann's shelf at the food stores. What I wouldn't give to just indulge and not have to worry about getting a stomach ache or counting all of those carbs.
 
 
Like they say, "A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips." No thanks!
 
After all of that running around (and it was hot out!) it was bar time :)
 
Seeing a number like this always brings a smile..
 
 
 
Enough said.
 
Dinner was one of my new favorites, tacos! If you follow me on Instagram you already saw these.
 
 
Still trying to figure out the correct coverage as far as insulin goes for these. The box may say one thing, but sometimes your body reacts however it wants. Two hours later this was the result:
 
 
Not terrible, but could have afforded to take at least 1 more unit.
 
Dessert was a Costco purchase which I saw Ashley blog about.
 
 
These little sorbet treats are perfect! Only about 65 calories and 15g of carbs in the Pomegranate-Lemon flavor.
 
As you can see I LOVE food! Wait until the post about my favorite restaurant, Dazies. Oh boy that will be a long one with lots of pictures.
 
 

What are some of your favorite post gym eats?? 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Aren't those sorbet things so delicious?!? The coconut one I swear looks like a turtle shell haha. Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love them! The perfect amount of sweet but not all the calories (or gluten). No problem!!

      Delete