Monday, December 22, 2014

Christmas Traditions




My Christmas Vacation is well underway and began with one of my favorite traditions. My annual trip to work with Dad the Saturday before Christmas!

Every year on this day we take the LIRR into the city, get lunch, walk around the store (looking very official I might add), take our picture with Santa and of course get Starbucks.

I have been looking forward to this since we confirmed the day back in September. It was just after I was hired for my new job. Just like any other teacher, I checked the calendar for the upcoming days off and noticed that I would have a nice 2 week long vacation!

Check out some scenes from my visit. I am missing lunch because I was too hungry to snap a picture of my salad from Cucina.

We walked all around the store and even checked out the display windows outside...





I was happy to get some extra cardio in. Every little bit helps this time of the year.

The last time I was on 34st I was driving Santa's sleigh!

On my break..


Around 2:15 we made our way up to the 8th floor for our annual Santa picture.



The 3 hour wait... except if you are an Elf of course :)



It was so nice to see my pal Santa again. We chatted for about 10 minutes about the parade, family and what I want for Christmas. 



One more for Rudolph...


We caught a 3:51 train home. Bar time was on the train this year. I love the Starbucks in Penn Station. No matter how busy they are they always work quickly. I think some of the Long Island Starbucks should take notes.

Only 3 more sleeps until Christmas... Where has the time gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment