Friday, December 12, 2014

Out Of The Woods


It's been awhile! Last time I blogged I was sitting under my palapa in my favorite place in the world. Now we are less than 2 weeks away from Christmas and so much has happened!

It has been difficult to keep up with the blogs because there have just been so many things going on which makes it difficult to really devote my time to write a coherent blog post. So with that said let's catch up!

Upon my return from Aruba I went on a few interviews and landed my first big girl gig after college. A permanent sub position at a local middle school! So far I absolutely LOVE it. I have even had the opportunity to teach the lessons when I sub for math which has been a great experience with no pressure. Working at the same building every day has allowed the kids to get to know my face so they are familiar with me. Plus I have met a lot of great coworkers!


Before starting my new job I was able to squeeze in 1 more trip to Naples...


The weather wasn't all that great, but I was mainly there for the food...


and to race...


I am just winding down from my first semester of grad school. I can't believe my days at SJC are long gone. Grad school is just... well grad school. Just trying to get it done. My program allows for an online option which works well for my learning style.

Since the last time I blogged I have gained a new title....



I am so excited to be the MOH for my best friend/twin Tanya! I cannot believe she is ENGAGED but I am so happy for her and JT (and also taking some of the credit!) T-minus 7 days until I get to see her. The last time we saw each other was when she made her big move down south back in June!

I also ran another race....


Got a new do'....


Wined, dined and danced for JDRF...


Went back to work as The Elf....


Lastly one of the biggest decisions I have made over the past 3 months was in regard to my T1D management. The decision to go on an insulin pump.

It has taken me 11 years. I am nervous and overwhelmed, but hopeful that I will see a positive difference. A big part of my decision was thanks to the incredible Miss Idaho Sierra Sandison. I will begin a little over a week! 



A lot of new things have taken place, but I finally feel I am making it out of the woods and adjusting to my new routine!

2 comments:

  1. So glad to see you back!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole!! Felt good to get back into the blogging world.

      Delete