Wednesday, September 11, 2013

School, Surprises and Highs

Since my mom asked me earlier "What, no more blog?" I figured it was time for a post. It has been a busy first week back to school, but so far so smooth. A lot has been going on!

Last Thursday was my first day of Senior year (college, eek). 


                    Adorable, I know :) 

I like all of my professors except for one. If you know me well you know who I am referring to. Hopefully I can just make the best of the semester. I am already totally confused.

The weekend was really fun as we had a surprise party for my mom's birthday! I was so glad it was a total shock and she was actually surprised. I couldn't believe when my dad almost let the cat out of the bag on the car trip in. It was a close call. 



The surprise party was at our favorite restaurant Dazies in Queens. I absolutely LOVE this restaurant. It was so nice to see everyone together to celebrate the best mom in the world. 





                           ;) 

Sunday I slept in til almost 9am which is VERY rare for me. Being I hadn't gone to sleep until 2am after the party I guess it made sense. I was going back and forth on whether or not to work out, but I knew I would feel better after. It was nice because I finally went running outside. Nice to switch it up from the gym and it was a beautiful morning. Its so weird how outside I feel like I can keep going and going, but on the treadmill I have my limit. Seeing the same view after awhile gets so boring!

A lot of spinning on the menu this week at the gym. Tomorrow I am getting back into my 6am grind and looking forward to a spin class by an instructor who I haven't taken since last semester.

Other than that it's been homework and getting back into the school grind! The Friday class wasn't so bad, but of course I'd rather have off. Mondays are annoying too because my two classes are back to back in the afternoon. Which means bar time is not had in the comfort of my own home and interruptions are at a higher risk. I went to Starbucks before class and got a Venti iced to last me through both classes. 


I hope my blood sugars start to cooperate eventually. Again having moments where I feel I do everything right and I still go high! Ugh! Need to get them down. Adrenaline seems to really throw them off. Anytime I feel rushed/excited forget about it. 

Seriously this is so true... 



It's 8:45, almost time for bed! I am exhausted! 

2 comments:

  1. I was hoping you kept blogging once you went back! Hope your Friday class goes well! I was lost until about 2 weeks before we had to turn in our projects haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am going to try and keep up as much as I can. Actually I am not in seminar this semester..I have methods on Friday! Next semester will be seminar and probably on Firdays since everyone saying that is who to take it with. Thanks for the tips ;)

      Delete