Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Mixed Emotions

Today is my last day of winter break. Tomorrow is a big day, my first day of student teaching! (Unless it is a snow day which is looking quite possible).



A lot of thoughts and emotions going through my head. It is hard to grasp that I am entering my LAST semester of college. Student teaching is leaving me feeling overwhelmed, excited and nervous. Luckily I have been placed with two of my former teachers. I will begin tomorrow in the middle school where I will be working with 8th graders. I feel like it was last week that I was sitting in those desks!


When I stop and realize how quickly time goes I will try and remember when I am on the verge of a breakdown during student teaching that I will make it to May! There is a lot to do during this next chapter. Lesson plans, homework's, creating tests and quizzes... in addition, trying to figure out and understand all of the teacher certification requirements, workshops and tests that I need to complete. Not to mention getting through my math thesis and other online class that I have during this semester... yikes!


I think if I take it week by week I can see what is working and what is not and make necessary adjustments. I just hope that once I begin, my routine falls into place. My main concern is getting my morning workouts in! And bar time! LOL


              ( Be calm... Yeah ok! ) 

But seriously, any change is difficult but T1D adds to that stress about 10x more. To an outsider it may appear crazy to stress over eating and working out, but keeping a regimented eating and exercise schedule is very important. So trying to adjust to changes is even more overwhelming. Hopefully once I begin I will realize that it isn't ALL THAT BAD and I have some fun during this process and feel ready for "the real world" once it is over on May 2.

I guess organization and time management will be key. This weekend I plan on getting a huge binder to organize and keep all of my "stuff" in and marking up my planner with important dates and lesson topics!



Talk to you all soon where I will hopefully be sharing my positive experience on my first day! Whether it be tomorrow or Thursday. :)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment