Friday, January 10, 2014

Resolutions

Yesterday I wished you all a very delayed Happy New Year. So today I figured it would be appropriate to share some of my Resolutions/Things to Do for 2014. Better late than never, right?



Some are inspired from an article I found just before NYE which I encourage you all to check out. "25 New Years Resolutions Everyone Should Make."

1. Stop beating myself up about T1D. Things that are in my control I do well like eating right and exercising. I will NOT let a number or endo visit put me down.



2. Continue to speak up for myself. I feel I really got better with this last year and will only let it continue. Remember the truth can be said as long as you do it respectfully. Sometimes it is not what you say but how you say it.



3. Go to yoga more.

4. Fly a kite and ride a carousel. After seeing "Saving Mr. Banks" this week I want to make sure I check these two simple, but memory making tasks and really appreciate them.

5. If I see something/someone I am interested in... do what is necessary to find out more. Ex: smile, introduce myself, google it. (I will say though I have done this in the past ;) )

6. Not live too far in the future and stress about things that do not deserve energy...yet. Especially with student teaching. It will be overwhelming at first, but what is the worst thing that will happen?



7. Run more outside. I think what has prevented me from doing this is not being able to have any low blood sugar supplies easily accessible. I always resort to the treadmill because I know if I need to stop, my "stuff" is easy to get to. I really do not want to run with a backpack.



8. Stop and smell the roses. Not literally because I do not want to look strange, but symbolically. Look at the big picture, take note of who and what is important in life and rid myself of those/things that are not important.

9. Stop putting too much faith in people before they deserve it. 


10. Continue to challenge myself in all areas. 


No comments:

Post a Comment