Monday, January 20, 2014

Weekend Workouts


This weekend I got back to my normal workout routine and it felt great. Don't get me wrong, I love going away, but I also love working out. It's all about the balance.



Saturday I covered a spin class and it was packed! It really motivates me when I get good feedback from the spinners. Here was the playlist.


Jumps and hills!! I was dripping.

*side note* blood sugar after was 258.... Thank you adrenaline. And that's nothing compared to some other times! 

After I made my way to my other gym for some weight training and yoga. Remember back to my resolutions? More yoga, I am trying! It was really tough I was feeling it! I definitely needed it. 

Sunday I made it to the gym in time for the 9am spin class by Erin! I have a "no alarm setting rule" on the weekends (unless I am going away) so usually 9 on a Sunday is cutting it close. It was a great class I am happy I made it! Great music too.

After class it was abs abs abs! My least favorite area to concentrate on but I make sure to do some form of core work everyday. 

I was trying to make up for all of the eating I did in Florida so I hit the stair climber for a little extra cardio. This machine is a lot of fun (if you want to call it that) to play around with. I did some fast intervals then slowed it down for glute kickbacks. I am always nervous I will fall off since it is so high up.

This morning was another spin class (teaching). Only down side was the microphone failed to work so I was coaching with my own voice over the music. I think I did a good job though. 

*side note* blood sugar 136 after class. Yay! But makes no sense when I did the same exact thing as Saturdays class. 

Frustrating. 

Some other weekend news, I now am running my works social media pages!! So exciting a promotion! 

Had a great ladies dinner at one of my favorite places Saturday night. Good food, people and conversation!  



Winter vacation is coming to a close. Starting the next chapter on Wednesday! Yikes! 

1 comment:

  1. Interesting Kim- so adrenaline can actually cause a spike in blood sugar- I'll have to look that up. I like your no alarm policy on weekends!

    ReplyDelete