Monday, August 5, 2013

A New Day

And I am going full fledged healthy, seriously. This weekend was not very healthy and now it's time to get back on track. Although I did have some really good workouts, I am disappointed that my will power was MIA. 

Yesterday was a great day for a BBQ after Saturday turned out to be not so good. The house was stocked with LOTS of goodies. Sometimes all of that food can be really overwhelming. I was proud that I didn't pig out on chips and dip the entire afternoon before we even began to BBQ. Instead, I planted myself near the vegetable platter. 

It was great to spend the afternoon with my twin/best friend Tanya! 

BBQ time: Hot Dogs, hamburgers, sausage, salads, you name it.. It was there. I really am trying to focus on the positive and not dwell on all of the food. Instead focus on the healthier decisions I made during the day. I had a turkey burger instead of a regular burger, avoided the potato salad and only took a small bite of the sausage. Luckily, JT (Tanya's Bf) helped me out and ate the rest! Yes I did have a hot dog, but it was only my second one the whole summer and probably my last for awhile. 

Dessert: My absolute weakness. Mom was nice enough to take a trip to Bare Naked Bakery to pick up a few things (aka the whole store). 4 cupcakes, 2 donuts, 2 rainbow cookies, 6 fresh chocolate chip cookies, and a whole bag of packaged chocolate chips. 



AHhH TEMPTATION!! 

I knew I wouldn't be able to stop at just one cookie (who can?) so I let myself indulge in those. For the rest I took a small bite of the cupcake and donut and left them. 

Yeah!! A little will power, maybe? Still I have done better. : ( 

I happily gave the rest of the items away. 

Now it's back on track. I really really really want to be good so when Aruba comes, I will be able to enjoy. Although I am making a list of goals for myself to not go crazy in Aruba. So stay tuned for that. 

Today has been a great fresh start and I hope to keep it up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment