Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Low, Low, Low...

And not wearing apple bottom jeans and boots with the fur. As I am in my gym clothes in my car waiting for my blood sugar to come up. 


Today seems to be off to a low start (pun intended). The past few nights I have been waking up in the middle of the night with a low BS, usually around 60. So last night I decreased my nighttime insulin, lantus by 1 unit. Lantus is long acting which is meant to keep me stable during the night, except if you take too much or too little. I went to sleep at 178 which is a tad out of range but since I had been dropping I decided to leave it and not take any short acting. 

Oh well didn't work! 330am my inside low BS alarm sounded and it was time for juice and crackers bedside. Ugh I HaTe eating in the middle of the night. 

Breakfast, 188. Take my normal insulin, get ready for the gym, drop to 103. UGH 

I decided to have a Greek yogurt with granola and I am still waiting. As you can see just a prime example of how unpredictable t1D is. I am usually half way through my workout by now. Not today. Even more frustrating is eating extra when I do not want to because I just ate! 

Finally some relief.... 


Hopefully I can do the intense workout I had planned on today. Aruba in 3 days.. No slacking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment