Sunday, August 11, 2013

Solo Saturday and a Blog Makeover

 
So what do you think of the new look and name? A little change can be a good thing. 

Yesterday was spent mostly by myself. I'm not complaining though, sometimes it is nice to have some alone time. Here is how it went.

Started out with yes you name it, breakfast and the gym. I have been on a new breakfast kick for a few weeks now... scrambled egg whites instead of omelets. Sometimes I add in a piece of Colby Jack cheese for a little kick.


Spin, abs and arms and my morning at the gym was complete. I was looking forward to spending the afternoon by the pool and get some sun, but of course the clouds rolled in just as I headed outside. SO ANNOYING. However it was nice to sit outside for a few hours with mom and dad. I caught up on my latest read.


 
I was in the mood for a good romance, so Nicholas Sparks is always the way to go. Hopefully I will finish this before Aruba.
 
 
Dinner I decided to try a Panera salad that I saw Ashley post about a few times. I am not a big visitor of Panera, but the Chicken Cobb Salad looked really good so I figured it was worth a try.
 
I have to admit I was a bit concerned when I brought it home. 




At first glance it looked a little wimpy, but I was pleasantly surprised. It was the perfect size and tasted great! The avocado hit the spot! I always opt for no hard boiled egg, just something about them... ehh..and of course dressing on the side.

I wish my cousins Mimi and Tom were closer or I was with them in Naples for the evening. They make great babysitters. :) 
LOL



The rest of my Saturday night consisted of Spinning profiles ( they are so tricky to perfect!) a trip to TJ Maxx and Barnes N Noble. I am so cool, I know.

I am on the hunt for a big floppy hat for Aruba, but TJ Maxx had absolutely nothing. I browsed the racks to get some exercise in (every little bit helps!), but was out of there soon after the rowdy, untamed screaming children began taking over. UGH.

As I made my way into B&N, a rather interesting looking woman standing outside began telling me how nice the sunset looked and asked my opinion on it. That's when I went inside.

Looking for my Aruba read, Big Girl Panties by Stephanie Evanovich.


 I read about it in Fitness Magazine and it seemed like a perfect read for me. An overweight widow meets personal trainer on a flight, the two begin talking, he takes her on as his client and the two begin some crazy relationship. I can't wait to start it.

I couldn't leave B&N without getting something from Starbucks. So I went home and spent the rest of the evening with a bonus bar time treat and one of my favorite movies...





                     Poor Carrie :(

Anyway it is off to the gym and work later. Enjoy the rest of the weekend! 

                           Xo 

2 comments:

  1. I like the new look! Yay for Panera's salads<3 Troy swears they are always smaller if you get take out than eating it there lol. Is that a new book by Nicholas Sparks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling he is right! I think the book came out a year or two ago. I got it last summer and started it but then got busy with school so I restarted it this summer. I am almost done, so good!

      Delete