Wednesday, August 7, 2013

On The Go

That was my day yesterday. Up at 645 and out the door by 7:45 for doctors appointments, errands, bar time and my CPR cert. class. 

Endocrinologist. Ugh.



 Always stressful but I was proud that I finally told myself it is what it is and wasn't worth tears. It wasn't what I had hoped it would be, but that doesn't mean I am not taking care of myself. I work out, eat right, test my blood sugar regularly and take insulin. There is nothing more I can do. 

T1D is so unpredictable which sometimes leaves me feeling really defeated. I am trying so hard to lower my a1c, but it is so difficult for me. As I have mentioned in the past, what can work one day is not guaranteed to work the next. Anything and everything can affect your blood sugar. But like I said, I do MY BEST and that's all I can do. ( Thanks Mom ) <3

So I will continue to try. After I return from Aruba I am going to try another another form of insulin that my doctor recommended to avoid spikes, it is called Symlin. Hopefully it will help. It will take some patience to adjust the dose, but I am willing to try anything! 

The rest of the day flew by. Stops included White House Black Market, Piccola Bussola for lunch, Kohls, Macy's and the food store! 

At Macy's there are these cute bracelets with happy sayings. I got these a few months ago.. 


I think it would be great to make them for men to wear. I can think of so many sayings that they can wear on their wrists! Can you? 

Dinner was a salad with grilled chicken. I have been doing better since Sundays BBQ (Aruba Aruba Aruba). 

It was on to my 3 hour CPR cert class that I need for my spin instructor cert. I was certified back in high school but it has expired since then. It was a really interesting class and always good to know. Hopefully I will never have to use it. Compressions, breaths, AED, choking on adults, children and infants and 3 hours later I was given this... 


Yay! Now I can go take my online Spin exam and I will be your newest instructor! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment