Sunday, October 6, 2013

Celebrities, School on a Saturday and A Spin Class Dream.

Wow that is a lot in one title. Lets begin...

Where I work is pretty cool. Cool people, customers, food and an even cooler hostess. It's always nice though when a "celebrity" comes in. Rapper Lloyd Banks popped in for dinner! He has been there before and has always been very nice. So I got to take my picture with him once again. Yay because I like the way this one came out better. :D



Beamer Benz or Bentley...Beamer Benz or Bentley...

Sorry Mary Ellen, please don't be mad at me. At least you got to say you sat next to him.

Saturday morning I had to tutor at school for my commitment to math honor society. Everyone must volunteer 3 Saturdays throughout the school year. Local high school kids come in for math tutoring from 10-1. I try to grab all of the Algebra kids since that's my strongest math area. I was happy to say I got through it and knew MOST of the material. :) It is hard because although we are all math majors, we have not seen this material since high school. After going through Advanced Calc it gets a little blurry.

I even helped with some Trig. It is good practice for student teaching next semester. It's still going to school on a Saturday, but it wasn't ALL that BAD.

Sooooo since I was already there, I decided to stay and be productive. I wrapped up most of my next lesson plan due tomorrow which felt good. I was the only one in the computer lab which helped me focus. What I didn't realize about the lab at SJC is that the lights are on sensors. So after awhile they would shut off and I would be sitting in the dark lol. Oh well.. I had bar time to look forward to after I got out.

This HUGE salad was for dinner, yum!



I guess all of this Spinning has now got me dreaming about it too. I stayed up late looking at different spin profiles trying to get some ideas for this weeks class and just fell asleep with spinning on my mind.


 I had a dream that I had a packed class and all of the bikes were taken, even mine! (wasn't too happy about that), but hey that must be saying something if people are fighting for a bike. Every spin instructors dream is to have zero empty bikes...one day! 



Back to school work it is. Two midterms this week, yikes! I am looking forward to having off next Monday for Columbus Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment