Saturday, October 19, 2013

Practice Makes Progress

Well yesterday was the much anticipated day of the semester. I taught my first mini lesson in methods and it went well I'd say! After multiple practices throughout the week and one more an hour before teaching the practice paid off. The first run through earlier in the week was a little choppy, but I think it helped to get all of the kinks, stutters and stumbles out. Except for walking RIGHT into the podium as soon as I started (lol), I am happy with my first of many lessons to come. Once I was up there and getting into the lesson it was actually fun! 



I wound up scoring a 36/40. The professor gave some great comments and feedback so hopefully I can improve based on the comments. Without practicing I doubt I would have felt as comfortable as I did come time to perform.

This past week consisted of a few more lows than I would have liked (remember that 45, yikes). I am still figuring out the right mix of Symlin and Humalog, but there is always an element of unexpectedness with T1D. Over the past month I began recording my numbers again. When I was first diagnosed with T1D I was really diligent about writing everything down. Over the years I strayed away from it just because it is a lot to record everything and it becomes really overwhelming. It is helpful to see patterns, but at the same time it is discouraging to see numbers that you don't necessarily like especially when you try your best. I started using the MySugr app on my phone and recording as best I can.


 Hopefully by practicing this again it will be good for something. Ideally progress on my next a1c. 

Some other snap shots from the week:

ThinkThin and I are bffls!


Lol


Feels nice to relax on this Saturday afternoon after a long week and tutoring all morning then staying to work on my own assignments. 

Happy Saturday! 


So looking forward to seeing some very special people tonight who I have missed soooo much! 

Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment