Thursday, October 31, 2013

Take The Challenge! #T1D4aDay

November is JDRF's Diabetes awareness month. For the month of November they are offering a challenge called Type 1 for a day. Free of charge, you can register any day in November to receive text message alerts from professional snowboarder Sean Busby to get a sense of what living with T1D is all about. In my opinion, this is not realistic because honestly the majority of the people will quickly read the text and not actually have to do anything, BUT it is a good way to educate and get SOME idea of what it is like. 


So I challenge you! Will you sign up? Watch the video posted on the JDRF site. I think it explains it well.

Speaking of JDRF, this Sunday I am participating in my first JDRF walk to cure Diabetes. Luckily I have had a few people join my team which I am really appreciative of! It looks like it is going to be a beautiful day so I am really looking forward to it. If anyone is interested in joining "Team Kim" I would love to have you. :)  Stay tuned for that post!

Also, Happy Halloween! I have never really been a big fan of Halloween. It all started when I was 3 years old and planned to be the Wicked Witch of the West from the Wizard of Oz. It was my favorite movie and I had nailed the line "I'll get you my little pretty... and your little dog too!" However, the day of my pre school parade it was raining and I was afraid I was going to melt. So there went that idea. Baby Bop for another year in a row it was.

Luckily since I am not a big fan of candy, I am not too tempted. I am saving my splurges for Thanksgiving and Christmas which are quickly approaching.


I leave you with some of my throwback Halloween moments.


My good friend Nicole and I back during our LA Dance days


No comments:

Post a Comment