Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Workout Wednesday

Let me get you up to date on my workouts for the week. Since I know you are all DYING to hear so you can try them.

Sunday Funday Workout: Started with the treadmill followed by weight training. I am getting ready for my next 5k which is a little over 2 weeks away. I got 4.2 miles in. I like trying different things like running at a faster pace and holding it then recovering, sprints, adding incline, etc. My goal though is to not stop and walk. So no matter how slow my jog is as long as I am not walking that's what I am going for.



I have learned that running is just as mental as it is physical. I always make it to the 5k mark (3.1 mi) but then I just tell myself farther. I have that inner dialogue in my head like "Who are you kidding you don't want to stop" or "Just a 1/2 mi more!" It works and as I finish I feel so much better.



It was on to legs. 3 rounds of this set with plyometric moves in between. WOAH!

15 lunges each leg (15 lbs each hand)
20 sumo squats - stop for 5 bicep curls at 15 & 20 (15 lbs)
15 side lunge pulses (15lbs)

20 Jump Squats after round 1, 20 Burpees after round 2 , 20 Side to Side Jumps after round 3.
Abs, stretching and I called it a day.

Monday Madness: I went to a UFX Burn class at the gym. I haven't been since the spring because I would go Weds at 6am, but they added a Monday 6am class so now I can get back to it. This is basically a boot camp style class. There was a warm up, 4 sets with 2 exercises and cool down. We would perform exercise 1 for a minute, 10 secs of jogging in place then 1 min of exercise 2. Do that for 4 sets then 30 secs recovery. We ran through that 4x. It sounds really confusing, but it worked because....

O...M...G I am still sore. The back of my legs from my calves to the back of my knees kill.

Bummer was my blood sugar SPIKED right after so my Monday morning was spent trying to get my numbers down. 



That's better.. 


It really dragged out my Monday because I had a headache all day. It really makes you feel like you just can't win. Try and workout because it is the healthy thing to do (and I enjoy it!), but deal with high blood sugars for unexplained reasons. Another example of a T1D frustration.

Tranquil Tuesday: was an off day. Felt great sleeping in til 8am!

Willpower Wednesday: (this morning) I taught spin. I almost didn't because there was a mishap with the music!! I almost cried. I thought, this CANNOT be happening. I turned on everything for the sound system, set up the microphone, all of the lights for everything were on, but NOTHING was making noise! AH! Luckily a spinner discovered a hiding switch that was not turned on. She saved the class! 



Besides the rough start it was a good class (so I'm told). :) There was some MJ, JT, Aerosmith, Bruno Mars, Adele.. want to know more then come to my class!

Sharing this just because I think it's really pretty! 


No comments:

Post a Comment