Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Happy October! My Fall Line-Up

I cannot believe it is already October and this year is quickly coming to an end. It feels like just yesterday I was ringing in the New Year in Times Square.



It has been a really great year and I am looking forward to a bunch of stuff throughout the fall.

I entered another 5k race for the end of the month. It is being held at my high school so I thought it was the perfect opportunity to enter. It is for the Commack Coalition of Caring. My goal over the next few weeks is to get a few more runs outside.



I am also thinking of entering my first JDRF walk on November 3 at Bethpage Ballpark. I really do not know why I have never done one before. Probably because up until recently I have always been more quiet about having T1D, but maybe now is the perfect time to enter. This year is all about getting out of my comfort zone.

Speaking of JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) I am attending my first meeting for the Young Leadership Committee on Oct 15! I found out about this organization of "young professionals" that meet and discuss different topics every month... then go to happy hour! Seems like a good way to meet new people. It is in NYC which makes it that more exciting, love city trips!



Thanksgiving is going to be the highlight of my fall as I am once again The Elf on the Santa Claus float in the Macy's Parade! Last year I had the opportunity and it was a blast. I was offered to be the elf again and there was no way I was turning it down. I am also going to be doing other events with Santa for the city!




So I have some pretty exciting things lined up. I think it will help to balance out the overwhelmed feeling I always get when I think of school.... I will still get stressed, but hopefully this will AT LEAST bring a smile to my face for a split second.

Lastly I am looking forward to cooler temps and being able to wear sweaters, boots and scarves. I am not a fan of the 85 degree weather coming into town tomorrow.


Love Lauren Conrad! 

I lied, One last thing I am looking forward to... 

Writing this blog! Today I received a nice message saying that they read my blog and it has inspired them to make healthier choices. I am so touched and the message brought the biggest smile to my face! So keep up the good work and THANK YOU for reading. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment