Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas Cleaning



For those of you that read yesterday's post you are all awaiting this special workout. It did not require a gym or running shoes, but it did require total body strength. Yes, I cleaned my room.




It was much needed and I feel so decluttered (not sure that is a word). When it comes to everything BUT my room I am a pretty organized person. To my defense I have always been gipped of closet space, so therefore my stuff just overflows all over the place.

It was nice to get rid of a bunch of for lack of a better word "crap" that has just piled up over the years. Textbooks from freshmen year, random junk, you name it I got rid of it. I even dusted! I think my problem was that every other time I tried to clean my room I never got rid of stuff and as a result when I "cleaned" it never felt clean because the "stuff" just continued to pile up.

After a good 4 hours my room looked like new. Now the hardest part will be to keep it this way. It was a Christmas gift to myself, but mostly my mom! Haha

Moving on to my actual fun workout. This morning I debuted my Christmas/New Years Spin Profile! Before I even became a certified spin instructor, I had a vision that if I ever did get certified I would have to make a fun Christmas profile. Like everything else I do I was a bit nervous and hoped the class would like it. As a person who takes spin herself, I know we can be very critical sometimes. One bad song and consider yourself finished.

Check it out:




Hopefully you can see the songs, but if not you still have one more opportunity to come and take the class when I cover for another instructor next week. :)

I could tell the class was enjoying when they began singing Ella Fitzgerald's "Sleigh Ride" during cool down.

After class a pleasant surprise came from my regulars:


So generous of them! It is nice to feel appreciated and to be acknowledged of the effort I put in each week to my profiles. I am so glad I became certified this past summer and am able to do something I love!

Christmas Movie of The Day: Home Alone 2



I love this classic even though it was the reason why I was afraid of NYC most of my childhood. Thank you Harry & Marv.

Christmas Song of The Day: Let it Snow! Ella Fitzgerald




A jazzy take on a classic! Love the whole album.

No comments:

Post a Comment