Sunday, December 22, 2013

Shopping, Santa & Starbucks



Yesterday was my dad and I's annual "Saturday Before Christmas Tradition." For the past 7 years on the Saturday before Christmas I go into work with my dad and really soak in Christmas in NYC. What better place to be able to do this than the iconic Macy's Herald Square! 


Yesterday we caught the 10:36am train and made it in time just for lunch! (I plan so well, don't I?) I always look forward to lunch at Cucina where their salad bar is up to Kim's standards!

Dad really did put me to work this time. I helped him pack up some boxes in preparation for his upcoming office move. After we made out rounds around the store. 

It was pretty warm this year which I was not a fan of. I like the winter chill on this particular day. 


Main entrance:


Walking around this store is definitely a workout. 


At 2:30 it was time to go see Big Red! 
3 hour wait? Not for us! It was great seeing my friend again. 

 
It's always nice when Sugar Plum and Santa catch up. 



After Santaland it was off to Starbucks. There are 4 to choose from in this store! 


Back to work it was..


I took a stroll along Holiday Lane and saw all of the ornaments and decorations. So much to choose from! 



A side note, I always have to be careful this day because walking around the largest department store can be a blood sugar issue (what else is new). I remember the first time we did this I dropped low about 5 times. Not fun trying to get from the main selling floor up to floor 9 in a panic. I am getting better though and learning more each year. 

After a hard day at work it was off to a nice dinner at a restaurant in Queens with friends Jack and Nilsa! I had 2 glasses of wine too! YOLO. 

I was wiped out at the end of the night! 

Hope you enjoyed reading about one of my favorite traditions. Hard to believe we have 3 sleeps til Christmas. 

Christmas Song of the Day: A New York Christmas - Rob Thomas 



Christmas Movie of the Day: The Year Without a Santa Claus 



One of my favorite ABC Family specials! 

3 comments:

  1. How have I not seen that movie? I love ABC Family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is on tonight! Definitely try and catch it :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete