Monday, December 23, 2013

Baking Blues?

It wouldn't be Christmastime without some holiday baking. I love this part of the holiday season as it is so festive and it is really the only time of the year I do my own baking. Yesterday and today was spent doing just that. Luckily my friend Betty (gluten free) Crocker helped me out.

Sugar cookies were yesterday's project. My gingerbread men are looking a little off, but it was still fun making them with the cutter and the Christmas trees. Of course I added in some festive sprinkles.



Today I mastered my favorite, chocolate chip! These were so much harder because of all the prep and mixing the dough. If I knew it was going to be such an arm workout I would have saved it for the mixing and did a few extra squats this morning instead. Regardless, I successfully prepped the dough and baked!



I could not resist having one that was still warm.



They are, if I do say so myself pretty damn good!

This brings me to my love hate relationship with baking and any other type of splurge treat. Remember back to my post on the dark side of fitness? It kind of relates back to that. I am all for the YOLO and splurging once in awhile, but I wish I could let go of that guilty feeling. I try and tell myself that I do not eat "junk" on a regular basis. I should be able to treat myself and enjoy it without thinking twice during the holidays... but it is still easier said than done. It is just something I am working on. A big part of this has to do with the fact that trying to take the correct amount of insulin for these baked goods can be difficult. So therefore really enjoying myself without wondering "what is my blood sugar going to do" is not possible. It is amazing how a bad blood sugar can make you feel like the worst person on the planet. My goal for the next few days during the holiday eating madness is the practice self control and not think twice! Trying to look on the positive things too that I do like never slacking from the gym! It is all about balance. Funny how I can preach all of these things, but it is hard for me to remember them myself!

Anyway enough of that! 2 more sleeps til Christmas!

Christmas Movie of The Day: The Polar Express




Christmas Song of The Day: Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree - Brenda Lee



It wouldn't be Christmas without this classic!

No comments:

Post a Comment