Friday, July 5, 2013

4th of July Fun!






                                                        Fun it was! Lets get to it...


Started the day off right at the gym. I usually do 2 classes on Thursdays, but I really pushed it in the first one which was a cardio kickbox/step/weight class. I made sure to dress accordingly.



Every year since I can remember I have been lucky enough to attend the Macy's 4th of July Fireworks thanks to the MOST AWESOME DAD'S position with the company. It was a beautiful and fun filled evening shared with great people! Unfortunately, my brother Mike could not attend to do work. :(




Look at them VIP's!

It has been at this location on the Hudson River for the past 3 years. It is a carnival like atmosphere with giveaways, music and more importantly... food and drinks! The food truck in our area offered sausages with potato chips and the most awesome ice cream pops! I asked if the sausages were gluten free and luckily they were. I had to have without the bun, but I didn't mind. Luckily Tanya was able to share this foodie pic with me that she took. (I ate mine too quick to snap).




Seriously loved those ice cream pops. I had 2 1/2.



For the first time I was able to take advantage of the complimentary drink ticket that I received when we arrived. A choice of beer or wine so I went with the wine (gluten free). I only had about half before I let my mom finish the rest. Like I said before..I'll choose food over alcohol ANY day.




I was careful with insulin since I was walking around, it was warm out and alcohol can lower blood sugar. I was a little high before eating (220) so I wound up covering for the food with 4 units. I didn't give insulin for a correction factor. I figured I could always give more and did not want a low blood sugar to ruin my time at the event.

Worked out perfectly I must say! Two hours later I was a perfect 100 and stayed right around there the entire night.

 
 
Here are some other pics from the night...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Police Commissioner Kelly!
 
 

Mayor Mike! (I was really hoping he would speak Spanish..it is my favorite part of his news conferences).





Best seats in the house!



I hope everyone had a fun and safe 4th! Don't forget to remember the troops who help to keep our country safe.

Happy Birthday America!




No comments:

Post a Comment