Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Spinning with MJ

Yesterday was one of the best spin classes ever. Not only was it a butt kicking, sweat pouring workout, but it was an ENTIRE class of Michael Jackson music! Say what you want about him, but I love him lol. When I was ice skating I even did a showcase program to Billie Jean. 


The profile played some if his greatest hits and included 4 intense hills. As a future spinning instructor, this really helped me to see the importance of music. I felt myself pushing myself harder and sweating even more than I usually do (hard to believe I know). Now I'm sure not everyone is as big a fan of MJ as I am, but it is important to play a variety of music and switch it up every class. (Although I was perfectly fine with 45 minutes of the King). Throwing in themed rides (MJ for example) and all genres of music is what makes spinning fun! A bunch of people seemed to enjoy the MJ profile! 


My two favorite hills were to Billie Jean and The Way You Make Me Feel. There was just something about the beat to those songs that made it perfect for a climb. 

You have heard me mention the instructor Erin before in other posts. I always feel challenged by her rides which is important because one never wants to feel bored in a workout. 

Here is Erin with a big smile after kicking all of our butts! 


Don't let her small size fool you, she is a BEAST!! 

Thanks Erin for another GREAT class! See you next Monday. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment