Monday, July 15, 2013

Naples So Far

Sunshine state? Not exactly, but despite Mother Nature I am still enjoying my time in Naples. This post is mostly food related, because since there has been little sun the good food has been the highlight. 

After dinner Saturday I went for some Fro-yo. I had eaten little all day and felt a small cup would satisfy my dessert craving and not leave me with the post "I am stuffed" guilt feeling. 


Good, but not Pinkberry. 

I love coming to my house is Naples because it gives me that vacation feel, yet I am still able to adhere to my eating schedule. I like waking up and having my usual omelet breakfast before hitting the gym. For some reason my omelets taste so much better here. :) 


(I am still learning to get the golden brown in NY) 

After a nice 4.5 mile run and some weight training I was sad to see it was raining, but the rest of the day made up for it! 

Lunch was at a place called The Counter that my cousins Mimi and Tom scouted out. A custom made burger place that offers gluten free buns?! I'm there! I actually wound up having mine on a salad which was just as satisfying! We all shared these great gluten free Parmesan fries. I don't remember the last time I ate fries so I went for it. 


This lunch definitely hit the spot, and as Mimi and I agreed, I have a pretty big spot to hit! :) 

After some retail therapy, it was bar time, no picture needed. 

On to dinner..

This place...


Stonewood has been one of my favorite Naples restaurants since we have been coming down here!! All because of the best appetizer, Bleu Cheese Chips. 


YUM!!!! A big part of me making this trip was for these chips ( and of course to see my cousins) :) 

For the entree I usually go with a salad. (All about balance). 

I wish a Stonewood would open up on Long Island. These chips are just SO GOOD!! 

As you can see, I am proof that you can be gluten free and enjoy good restaurants! When I first learned that I had Celiac Disease it was really overwhelming. I though I would be confined to my house the rest of my life and never see a restaurant again. It is great to see places becoming more gluten free friendly. 

Bring on the food! 

Luckily today I was able to get some sun for a few hours. But boy was it HOT!! I came inside at the right time because the Pm storms rolled through. However torrential downpours did not stop me from going to Starbucks. 


Excited for many more good eats while I am here! I have also been trying some new crazy workouts, so stay tuned for that. 

:) 

2 comments:

  1. Omg those Parmesan fries!!! I need to create a homemade version. Enjoy the week!

    ReplyDelete