Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tabata Tuesday

Ta-ho? That's right, Tabata. I mentioned yesterday that I have been trying some crazy new workouts. This method is a form of high intensity interval training and is so effective. I looked up some workouts on Pinterest and this is what I found. 




Basically you do each exercise with all out effort for 20s then take a short 10s recovery. These have been great while traveling because I still get a great workout in and feel accomplished in a shorter amount of time. If you read this months edition of Shape Magazine, Jillian Michaels gave some great tips on how to exercise and still enjoy vacation. These shorter grueling workouts were one of them! 

I put them to the test and can say they definitely make you SWEAT and I mean like where it just doesn't stop. Not only do they switch up my usual routine, but I am still able to get outside and spend time by the pool. As we all know I do like to eat, (see yesterday's post) so these Tabata workouts help to undo some of that eating! 

These are also great because you don't need a gym, just a little but of space, a towel and water. So there are no excuses for not exercising when away from home. :) 

If you are daring enough, give them a try! 



No comments:

Post a Comment