Friday, July 26, 2013

Sleepless in Commack...



If only I knew that the outcome in Commack would turn out as good as the one in the movie. Its been a slightly rough week for me in a few areas. First off, I think I have woken up in the middle of the night due to a low blood sugar at least 3x this week. Having a low blood sugar isn't fun to begin with, but its even more frustrating during the middle of the night. It takes about a good 30 minutes to fully recover and go back to sleep safely and I hate having to eat in the middle of the night. The worst part is that for 2 of these incidences there was no explanation. I went to sleep at a safe number then all of a sudden BAM I am awake shaking and disoriented. However last night after my stupid decision to take 2 units for a correction before bed, I guess I should have expected it. Sometimes I act too quickly then get that "oh sh*t" feeling. Sure enough my 2 am wakeup call confirmed that feeling. I knew I should have gone with 1 unit instead of 2.




For the unexpected lows, I may need to adjust my insulin at night, but I'll have to wait and see what happens this weekend. It has definitely affected my workouts as I have felt a bit more fatigued.



Another issue that has been on my mind is the idea of always wanting what you can't have. Or anytime there is something in your life that you become excited over, it never turns out the way you hope/imagined. Or feeling like you would be willing to do anything for someone, but not having the feeling be mutual. I guess it is just a part of life, but it just seems to be like a reoccurring theme (for me at least). I always try to believe that things happen for a reason, but sometimes a little explanation would be nice.

On the bright side, in exactly 3 weeks I will arriving at my favorite place in the world. Can you guess? Yes, ARUBA! So for these next 3 weeks my goal is to do things to better myself. Focus on the positive, appreciate honest people, appreciate the things I enjoy... the gym, spin class, Starbucks, etc... and believe that one day all of the pieces will be together.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hope your weekend is much more fabulous than this past week! Hopefully it will be sunny one day next week and we can head to the beach to catch up. Can't wait to read your post about the darker side of being fit!

    ReplyDelete